A Letter from our President
YOUR DONATIONS MATTER!
Dear Winters Education Foundation supporters,
As you know, Winters is a wonderful community. But like young people from other small towns, students from Winters encounter financial, technological, and infrastructure challenges that can limit their future opportunities.
That’s where Winters Education Foundation (WEF) comes in. WEF aims to expand educational offerings in our public schools and ensure that vital and innovative programs— cherished by teachers, administrators, parents, and students—do not fall victim to budgetary shortfalls. An all-volunteer team, we strive to put every dime contributed by community members like you toward our mission to foster “continued educational excellence and equal educational opportunities for every child in a Winters public school.”
Your support makes a difference. For example, thanks to our community’s generosity, last year WEF was able to help fund 27 projects proposed by educators throughout Winters Joint Unified School District, many reflecting the ongoing challenges encountered by students and educators during pandemic-era schooling and return to in-person instruction.
Some of the projects funded by donations include:
- Outdoor play equipment to engage young learners at Winters State Preschool Center;
- Tools to introduce Waggoner Elementary School students to coding and robotics;
- Ukuleles to expand music instruction at Shirley Rominger Intermediate Schools;
- Scholarships to outdoor education camp for sixth and seventh graders at Winters Middle School, and
- Technology to enhance math classes at Winters High School.
Donations can be made through this website (www.MyWEF.org) or by mailing a check to Winters Education Foundation at P.O. Box 1047, Winters, California 95694.
As always, I thank you for your support.
Kurt Balasek, President
Winters Education Foundation
CLICK HERE FOR COVID-19 RESOURCE INFORMATION